In the age of AI and automation, soft skills are essential. Although machines are better at processing and understanding large amounts of data, they can’t replace that human connection. Most roles have people-focused elements, whether it’s maintaining relationships with clients as an Account Manager or assisting customers as a Sales Assistant, every step is important. First impressions count. When meeting new people 55% of the impact comes from the way a person acts. This is why it is important to hire a candidate who can make a good impression when representing your company.
33% of bosses know within the first 90 seconds of an interview whether they will hire a candidate. However, a recruiter isn’t able to see how an applicant communicates and presents themselves in a written application. This can prevent them from hiring the best talent.
Is there a way to meet every candidate who has applied for a job?
This may seem impossible if there are over 200 candidates in your Applicant Tracking System (ATS), but here at Cognisess, we have made it possible for you to interview every candidate. Our DeepLearnTM Video Analysis is able to measure:
- Confidence and control. When customers are interacting with your business, they want to talk to someone who is in control of a situation and confident in their abilities. You can now measure this before you hire an applicant.
- Positivity. An upbeat employee not only improves morale in the workplace but their positive nature will help them successfully communicate with clients. For example, if a client sees a sales executive who is sincerely positive about a product, they are more likely to buy it.
- Expressiveness. Some people make everyone they talk to feel like they are being truly listened to. A high level of expression (within reason) is seen in western cultures as a sign of high levels of engagement in the subject of the conversation.
- Resilience and grit. This allows a person to maintain the discipline and optimism to persevere, despite rejection and a lack of noticeable process over a period of time.
How it works
The machine vision used by DeepLearn™ uses highly advanced algorithms that read from 27+ points on the face. It tracks the differences of the positions over time to establish a picture of the emotion that is being expressed by a person. With its automated ‘Ask Me’ and ‘Meet Me’ video assessment tool, Cognisess Pro will recognise the values and attributes you’re looking for – accurately, objectively, every time. Book a demo to find out more about this feature.
As Cognisess Pro isn’t human, it has the capacity to be completely objective (read our blog on unconscious bias in humans here). As there isn’t any human involvement in the analysis process, it supports a less bias hiring decision. Our tool isn’t programmed to see race, age or gender – it is purely assessing what an applicant is non-verbally communicating. This becomes a vital tool when companies are pursuing policies of inclusion, diversity and fairness.
- Save time. Find the right applicant for you regardless of the volume of candidates. Our video analysis tool has analysed over 1.4 billion facial expressions with a 97% accuracy rate. This process can be done in a fraction of the time it would take a human to view and make a decision on each video.
- Meet the human behind the application. The tool brings an application to life. Not only can you view a thorough assessment of a candidate’s personality and cognitive attributes but you can meet them too.
- Enhance decision making. Know that you have hired the right talent with the data to back up your decisions. This creates a more objective hiring process.
Creating a fair recruitment process with our clients
This tool can be used across all industries. Companies also have the option to use the video interview tool without the DeepLearnTM analysis. In the past, clients such as hotel giant IHG, the world’s leading brewer AB InBev and special economic zone Alabuga have used it to enhance their recruitment process.
Recently, we have studied the performance of the video analysis tool with one of our customers. Focusing on the candidates who had successfully passed their video interview, we uncovered a statistically significant relationship between an internal assessor’s high rating of a candidate and a good positivity and expressiveness score. This further shows the accuracy of this technology and how it can be applied to create a fair and transparent recruitment process, where any areas of unconscious bias can be corrected as a helpful mechanism to support HR professionals avoid bias.
How our clients use DeepLearnTM Video Analysis
Each candidate records themselves answering a number of key questions that have been set by the company. Computer Vision analyses each video interview frame by frame, searching for positivity, expressiveness alongside other attributes relevant to the job. The tool is a hundred times faster and accurate than any human assessment. As a result, a business is able to identify top talent from their entire applicant pool.
HR professionals are able to draw conclusions from their own expertise when finally ‘meeting’ each candidate. They can also review a comprehensive analysis on them alongside the other Cognisess assessments that analyse Job Fit, Culture Fit and Team Fit.
People are an essential part of a company. It is important to hire applicants who will represent a business in a positive manner. Using a video interview tool will help you meet each applicant in the early stages of the recruitment process. You may also use the DeepLearnTM Video Analysis tool to detect a candidate’s true emotion at that moment, not what they may like to present to an interview panel. If you would like to find out more about our video analysis tool and how it can transform your recruitment process, book a FREE demo today with our expert team.